Homes and buildings are so well insulated that the contaminants in the indoor air will continue to circulate within the property. This may especially become a problem during the winters and summers when homeowners close their windows to run their heating and air conditioning. Fortunately, you can purify the air in your home with UV lights for your air conditioner and heating.
Fly Plumbing & HVAC installs UV lights for HVAC systems in Wheeling, IL and the surrounding Chicago suburbs. Our professionals can fit your HVAC system with high quality UV lights that safely and efficiently purify the air passing through your heating and air conditioning.
UV Lights for Air Conditioning and Heating
Ultraviolet (UV) germicidal lights are very effective at removing contaminants from the indoor air. UV light systems are installed in the central HVAC system, and they work by trapping contaminants within titanium dioxide infused carbon cells and shining the UV light on the cells. The UV light on the titanium dioxide creates a photocatalytic effect that transforms contaminants into water vapor or CO2 that are released back into the air.
The following are the main benefits of UV germicidal lights:
- Better indoor air quality: UV lights kill 99.9% of contaminants in as little as 24 hours. They are so effective that they are used in settings that require sterilization such as hospitals, operating rooms, and laboratories.
- Discreet and effective: The UV light is not visible to the human eye, and it operates at a wavelength ideal for killing germs.
- Safe operation: UV lights are ozone and chemical free, so they are safe for you and your family.
- Odor control: UV lights can remove odors caused by mold, smoking, food, and pets.
- Energy efficient: The energy efficiency of your HVAC system will improve as the UV lights remove all airborne contaminants.
- System longevity: The removal of airborne debris by UV lights prevents buildup on the internal components which gives HVAC systems a longer lifespan.
- Maintenance free: The carbon cells are self-cleaning which means the UV light system requires virtually no maintenance except for bulb replacement which may be needed once or twice per year.
Professional UV Light Installation
Our professionals at Fly Plumbing & HVAC can install UV light systems within your HVAC system to help purify the indoor air. We provide expert installation and upfront pricing with no surprises once the job is complete. You can enjoy much improved indoor air quality and get more out of your heating and cooling after having UV lights installed.
You can reach Fly Plumbing & HVAC at (847) 868-1444 for UV light installation in Wheeling, IL and the surrounding Chicago suburbs.
Would you like to speak to someone right now?
We are open 24/7 because we are aware that emergencies can happen at any time, and plumbing related emergencies are the worst. Call us today to speak to a representative right now!