WATER HEATER REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT
Water heaters are important appliances as homes and buildings need hot water. Like any other appliance, water heaters need proper maintenance to remain functional and last for their expected lifespan. However, water heaters do break down which requires repairs, and eventually all water heaters need to be replaced. If you notice a problem with your water heater such as leaking near the appliance or lukewarm water, make sure you call our professionals at Fly Plumbing & HVAC.
Fly Plumbing & HVAC provides water heater repair and replacement services in Wheeling, IL and the surrounding Chicago suburbs. We can provide maintenance and repair to keep your water heater functioning as well as full replacement if your water heater cannot be fixed.
Our skilled technicians can help with any water heater repair or replacement. We can respond to water heater emergencies around the clock and our technicians will arrive with a new water heater on the truck in case replacement is necessary. We understand what it’s like to be without hot water which is why we eliminate the issue as fast as possible.
Water Heater Repair and Maintenance
A problem with the water heater could come at a bad time and catch you off guard. Nobody wants to go any amount of time without hot water. If there is an issue with your water heater, it is important to call the professionals of Fly Plumbing & HVAC right away to diagnose and address the issue before it becomes a bigger problem.
You should call us for water heater repair if you notice any of the following:
- Discolored hot water: Rust within the system can turn the hot water dark in color and is likely a sign of an issue with the water heater.
- Clanking noises from the tank: Clanking noises coming from the water heater tank are typically caused by mineral build ups that need to be cleaned with a water heater flush.
- Cold water: Lukewarm, or cold water may be caused by a problem with the ignition system or pilot light.
- Foul odor in hot water: If the hot water has a bad odor, this could be caused by some type of buildup in the water heater.
- Water heater not maintained: You should have one of our professionals look at your water heater if it has not been maintained in a while. You should consider doing this before each winter.
- Leaks: A leak from the water heater could be due to a problem with the tank or other components.
- Water heater is over 10 years old: Water heaters do not last forever. If your water heater is over ten years old, you should have our professionals inspect it to ensure it is functioning properly.
Our professionals will inspect and diagnose the issue with your water heater and determine if the issue can be repaired. We have the expertise to repair any issue with the water heater unless it is time for heater replacement. You can also call us for basic maintenance to help prevent issues with your water heater and extend its life.
Our professionals can provide the following water heater repairs:
- Bad heating elements or valves
- Problems with the limit switch
- Broken dip tubes
- Problems with pilot light or ignition
- Bad wiring or thermostats
Water Heater Replacement
Sometimes a water heater can be repaired, and sometimes it needs to be replaced. Our professionals at Fly Plumbing & HVAC can determine if your water heater needs to be replaced and help you choose a new water heater that fits your needs and budget.
We can provide and install the following types of water heaters:
- Conventional: Conventional water heaters use gas or electric energy to keep water at a set temperature. They come in a variety of gallon capacities ranging 40-80 gallons for residential use. Larger tanks may be needed for homes with a hot tub or serious water demands. High-efficiency conventional water heaters can decrease water heating bills by about 7 percent.
- Power Vent: A power vent water heater uses a blower or fan exhaust gases to heat water by pushing them through horizontal vent pipes. The primary advantage of a power vent water heater is that it can be installed anywhere because it does not require a vertical vent or chimney. This type of water heater is also more efficient than a conventional water heater and has a higher BTU range for hotter water.
- Tankless: Tankless water heaters are energy efficient and only heat water when it is used. These water heaters require less space and but may need special venting, larger gas lines, or additional electric circuits. Tankless water heaters can reduce water heating bills by as much as 30 percent.
The price that you are quoted for hot water heater replacement includes delivery of the new water heater, disposal of the old heater, and installation of the new heater. Any modifications may be discussed with the technician that arrives on site.
Contact Fly Plumbing & HVAC
It is important to keep your water heater in good repair so that you aren’t stuck without hot water at a bad time. If you need water heater repair or replacement in Wheeling, IL and the surrounding Chicago suburbs, contact Fly Plumbing & HVAC at (847) 868-1444.
Would you like to speak to someone right now?
We are open 24/7 because we are aware that emergencies can happen at any time, and plumbing related emergencies are the worst. Call us today to speak to a representative right now!